Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Getting ready

Even though it's a week before we leave the country, I've already entered the jitters zone. I've started thinking about making sure the stove is off and the coffee pot is unplugged. Oh, and don't forget the passport.
Today I've been trying out my video camera to make sure it will do what I need for the blog and I'd say it's good. I spent an hour on the phone today with AT&T making sure my phone situation is okay. Yesterday I took my power adapter stuff to Radio Shack and the guy there assured me that I'm good to go. I also went out to school to pick up some stuff that could be useful for the trip: a lesson that I created that I use in class that I could share with people, a few books, and a couple of DVDs that people may not have seen, Shoah and Sophie Scholl. Conspiracy, the movie about the Wannsee Conference would be a good one for everyone to have seen, since we are going to the mansion where that happened. My copy is on tape, though. We are supposed to pack light, though.

The folks running the trip and the people going have been very helpful. Brad Sims, who teaches at Tri-Valley High School in Ohio put together a list of stuff to bring including gallon size zip lock bags to put extra breakfast in for lunch (we get two meals a day) and washcloths. There's a more formal list, of course, from Elaine Culbertson, the program director.

Tomorrow I'm going down to Grant County to visit my mom and sister and that leaves Thursday and Friday morning to get ready to go.

I think I'm gonna be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment