Sunday, June 27, 2010

Classroom rules

I have to remind posters to submit your first name, last name, age, and city, state, and country at the end of any posts you make. Look in the upper left hand corner of this blog where I posted the guidelines at the beginning. Check rule two, too.

It's a little bit like classroom rules isn't it?

I hope the person who did not follow the classroom rules, very early in the morning when he or she should have been sleeping anyway, would resubmit those comments so I can reply. You understand, don't you, what would happen to the class if I failed to enforce my own guidelines on the fourth day of class? Chaos, utter chaos.

Also, I added to the blog a "commercial" produced by the folks at Raise Hope for Congo.org, mentioned in Nicholas Kristof's column in the New York Times today. Kristof spoke a few months ago at St. Mary's College about the deplorable conditions women face generally in the developing world, which he describes in the book Half the Sky. The column is about our personal connection to the "barbaric" war in Congo.


No comments:

Post a Comment